Terms and Conditions of Service
Curadux provides decision guidance for individuals and families facing advanced illness. We first seek to understand your values and goals. Then, we help educate you on your healthcare options presented to you by your healthcare providers so that you can decide which option most closely aligns with your values and goals.
Under no circumstances do we practice medicine. Many of our personnel are, or were, physicians and as such are knowledgeable about medical care, diseases and medication. In providing our services, we’re likely to be involved in discussions about your medical decisions. However, we are not your physician and we will not attempt to or actually advise you, or provide a second opinion, on any physical or mental conditions. We will not suggest or make recommendations to pursue a particular course of action or treatment plan regarding a health care matter. We will not attempt to or actually examine, diagnosis, treat, correct, or cure any physical or mental condition. We will not attempt to or actually prescribe medication for, or operate on, any physical or mental condition. Rather, we provide decision guidance in light of the medical information provided by your healthcare providers.
4. Free Consultation
If you sign up for a free consultation, you may speak with a Curadux representative at no charge for 30 minutes or less. You are responsible for scheduling your own consultation by following the instructions you are provided. The purpose of this free consultation is to enable you and Curadux to better evaluate whether and how you can benefit from our services. By signing up for a free consultation, you are under no obligation to purchase a membership, but you agree to be bound by all other terms and conditions in this agreement.
As part of your Curadux membership package ($2,250), you will receive the following:
• Two Care Guide Consultations: Care Guide consultations are provided by videoconference or teleconference, depending on your personal preference. Each consultation lasts up to 50 minutes. You will be provided a link to schedule your own Care Guide consultations Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm CT, subject to the availability of Care Guides. You agree that any communication between you and any representative of Curadux, including Care Guides, may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
• Proprietary Assessment: You will be provided a link to access and complete an electronic survey that helps to identify your values and goals.
• HD Video Guides and Instruction: You will receive access to our HD Video Guides on our website and may request additional instruction on these video guides as part of your five allotted Care Guide consultations.
• 24/7 Support: You may request assistance from a Curadux Care Guide by phone or online 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, subject to the availability of Care Guides. If a Care Guide is not immediately available, you can generally expect a return phone call from a Care Guide within 2 hours. In some cases, actual response times may be longer.
In addition to your membership services, you may also select the following add-on services at the below additional cost:
• On-Site Visitations ($3,850 + Travel Expenses): You may request an on-site visit from a Curadux Care Guide for a flat fee, plus travel expenses. Common travel expenses include, but are not limited to, direct flight airfare, meals and lodging, a rental car or other ground transportation, and parking. An on-site visit includes up to 4 hours of face-to-face time with you and/or your family members designated by you, provided they are at a single location. On-site visits must be pre-approved by a Curadux representative and are subject to the availability of a Care Guide.
• Extra Consultations ($925): You may request additional consultations, beyond the five consultations that are allocated as part of your membership package, for a flat fee per each additional consultation. Each additional consultation will last up to 50 minutes.
We reserve the right to change our service offerings and update our service descriptions from time to time without notice.
Payment for our services is due upon enrollment as a Member or selection of Add-Ons, as applicable. All payments shall be made on the Curadux website, or through other links provided by Curadux, using a major credit or debit card. All fees are payable upfront, and no refunds or pro-rations will be given.
8. Term Length
The length of the Agreement will commence on the date your payment is received by Curadux and will continue until all services have been requested and provided, or a period of 1 year, whichever is sooner.
9. Health and Related Information
10. General Provisions
The Agreement may be amended or modified only by a written or online amendment that specifically references the applicable Agreement and is accepted by you and by the president or a vice president of Curadux. No Care Guide has the authority to amend the Agreement or to bind Curadux contractually. The Agreement may not be amended or modified by any course of dealings between the parties. Any dispute, controversy, or claim that arises out of or relates to the Agreement will be settled by arbitration held in Travis County, Texas and administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules. Any such dispute, and the resolution thereof, shall be confidential and shall not be disclosed by either party except as necessary to obtain enforcement thereof or as required by law. Either party may enter any judgment it obtains in arbitration against the other party in any court with jurisdiction over the claim. In no event shall the liability of Curadux (including its representatives) exceed the fee paid by you for our services. The Agreement shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with Texas law, without reference to its principles of conflicts of laws.
Version 3. Updated November 12, 2015
Copyright © 2015 Curadux LLC. All rights reserved.